New port needs commit

Luis O'Shea loshea at gmail.com
Sun Jan 13 10:59:00 PST 2008

On Jan 13, 2008, at 9:30 AM, Simon Ruderich wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 12, 2008 at 10:17:15PM -0500, Luis O'Shea wrote:
>> Could someone commit the new port for asymptote?  See ticket #13249
>> (http://trac.macosforge.org/projects/macports/ticket/13249).
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Luis
>
> Hi,
>
> I just committed it [1] with one minor change. I added a post-
> activate hook with
> calls mktexlsr to make sure asymptote is found.

Thanks.

Now that the port is committed I wanted to make sure it worked, but I
have run into a problem.

After the commit, I uninstalled asymptote, removed the reference to
my local port hierarchy from sources.conf, and did a selfupdate.
However port seemed to not find the new asymptote port:

% port info asymptote
Error: Port asymptote not found

But ${prefix}/var/macports/sources/rsync.macports.org/release/ports/
graphics/asymptote/Portfile does exist.  I tried deleting ${prefix}/
var/macports/sources/rsync.macports.org/release/ports/PortIndex and
doing another selfupdate, but that did not help.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

Luis