Ticket resolved status

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Tue Jul 8 14:46:43 PDT 2008

When closing a ticket in Trac, I can select from the following
resolutions:

fixed
invalid
wontfix
duplicate
worksforme

More often than I would like, I find myself unsure which to select.

The Guide does not give any guidance on these ticket resolution values.

If I had to define these I guess I would say:

fixed - there was a problem in MacPorts and it was fixed in MacPorts
invalid - not a MacPorts issue?
wontfix - there is a problem in MacPorts and it will not be fixed in
MacPorts
duplicate - another ticket describes this problem
worksforme - unable to reproduce the issue, user did not provide
sufficient information

Is it possible to change these values in Trac? Add new resolutions?
Remove ones we don't like? The TracTickets wiki page also lists these
values, so I wonder if it's hard-coded?

I find myself wanting a resolution like "no change required". Or is
that what "invalid" is for?

Take this ticket:

http://trac.macports.org/ticket/15914

It was a user error caused by a mis-configured macports.conf.

Maybe "user error" is the resolution I want?

How would you resolve this ticket? "fixed" because the user fixed the
problem? "invalid" because it's not a MacPorts problem? "wontfix"
because we won't change anything in MacPorts to fix it? "worksforme"
because it works for me (when I don't mis-configure my
macports.conf)? Do you see my problem? :-)