[38646] trunk/doc-new/guide

Caspar Florian Ebeling febeling at macports.org
Tue Jul 29 11:10:42 PDT 2008

> So I uninstalled docbook-xml, docbook-xsl and libxslt. I made sure that
> there are no files left in /opt/local/share/xml/docbook or
> /opt/local/share/xsl.
>
> Then I reinstalled docbook-xml, docbook-xsl and libxslt. And it still needs
> more than 11 minutes to compile the guide.
>
> I will try to build it completely new in a different prefix and diff the
>  files afterwards to find the issue.

There was one file I found interesting with regard to possible
download delays:

The file /opt/local/share/xsl/docbook-xsl/catalog.xml contains this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<catalog xmlns="urn:oasis:names:tc:entity:xmlns:xml:catalog">
<!-- XML Catalog file for DocBook XSL Stylesheets v1.72.0 -->
   <rewriteURI uriStartString="http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/current/"
rewritePrefix="./"/>
   <rewriteSystem
systemIdStartString="http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/current/"
rewritePrefix="./"/>
   <rewriteURI uriStartString="http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/1.72.0/"
rewritePrefix="./"/>
   <rewriteSystem
systemIdStartString="http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/1.72.0/"
rewritePrefix="./"/>
</catalog>

...and that looks like something to convince the xml machinery to
not fetch remotely but use local copies. That's the only catalog entry I
can see here that has any remote references in it.

Florian

--
Florian Ebeling
florian.ebeling at gmail.com