tracking down extraction

Alan Batie alan at batie.org
Fri Jun 13 13:39:25 PDT 2008

I just upgraded from tiger to leopard, and this seems to have caused
ports to stop working.  I tried installing 1.6.0, to no avail.  It
appears that they are not getting extracted properly, but my rusty (and
limited even when it wasn't rusty) tcl failed me in mportexec where it
looks like the action is being handed off to a thread somewhere.

The error I'm seeing (I did a "port -f uninstall glib2" before to try to
start fresh):

# port install glib2
--->  Applying patches to glib2
Error: Target org.macports.patch returned: couldn't change working
directory to
"/opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_devel_glib2/work/glib-2.16.3":
no such file or directory

If I read things right, the missing directory is where the tarball was
supposed to have been extracted to.  If someone can guide me through the
thread handoff and action processing structure, I'll continue tracking
this down...

Unless someone already knows what the problem is, which would be nice ;-)