uh-oh

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Mon Jun 23 03:40:34 PDT 2008

On Jun 23, 2008, at 05:33, konis at stats.ox.ac.uk wrote:

> Hope this isn't me just being silly but I tried to install MacPorts
> from
>
>  http://svn.macports.org/repository/macports/downloads/
> MacPorts-1.6.0/MacPorts-1.6.0.tar.bz2
>
> and it didn't work. It looks like there is a missing l from the ar
> flags
> when making cregistry.a.
>
> I'm working on an iMac running 10.5.3.
>
> Kjell
>

> bash-3.2$ tar xpf MacPorts-1.6.0.tar
> bash-3.2$ cd MacPorts-1.6.0
> bash-3.2$ ./configure
> checking build system type... i686-apple-darwin9.3.0
> checking host system type... i686-apple-darwin9.3.0
> checking target system type... i686-apple-darwin9.3.0
> checking for sw_vers... sw_vers
>
> <snip>

There has been a LOT of work done on MacPorts base since the 1.6.0
release. Can you try the current version from the trunk of the
repository? It should work. It does for me.

http://svn.macports.org/repository/macports/trunk/base/

Alternately, if you want to run 1.6.0, you can use the binaries
available as disk images (.dmg files) in the same directory where you
downloaded the 1.6.0 source:

http://svn.macports.org/repository/macports/downloads/MacPorts-1.6.0/