RFC: Changing apache2 to install its files to /opt/local/ instead of /opt/local/apache2

js ebgssth at gmail.com
Tue Mar 4 04:19:57 PST 2008

>  >>  The apache port should be able to coexist with either the apache2 or
>  >>  the apache20 port. Currently, they cannot coexist:
>  >>
>  >>  $ sudo port activate apache
>  >>  Password:
>  >>  --->  Activating apache
>  >>  Error: port activate failed: Image error: /opt/local/share/man/man1/
>  >>  dbmmanage.1.gz is being used by the active apache2 port.  Please
>  >>  deactivate this port first, or use the -f flag to force the activation.
>  >>  $
>  >
>  > suffix would fix this issue.
>
>  Do you mean dbmmanage.1{apache,apache20,apache2}.gz? That would be good.
>  Then you can read the man pages by using e.g. man 1apache2 dbmmanage.

I feel a bit odd, though.
I prefer python's style.
-   /opt/local/share/man/man1/python2.5.1.gz
-   /opt/local/share/man/man1/python2.4.1.gz

Anyway, this issue is not a point here.
Let's get back to the apache2's problem.

I seems more people's having the same frustration with this.
Does this mean we can change apache2 port as it's supposed to be?