[35256] trunk/base/src/port1.0/portdistfiles.tcl:

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Mon Mar 24 13:56:06 PDT 2008

William Siegrist wrote:
> I already committed the changes to port.tcl, port.1, and the Makefile
> earlier.

Hm, okay, must have overlooked this. I just build from trunk today and
tried `port distfiles` and it didn't work.

> The point of the command is to let a post-commit script parse it when a
> Portfile is committed. The mirror target does mostly what I want, but I
> did want to avoid fetching all of these files into the server's $prefix.
> I could go move the files after the mirror stage of course, but I wanted
> some separation and a little more control over the fetching. (Like not
> fetching a file we already have). I dont remember anyone mentioning the
> mirror target either when we discussed distfile mirroring, so I did
> overlook this. Maybe I will just extend mirror with some options for
> alternate destinations and such. I'll have to see how easy that will be.

I didn't know about `port mirror` before today either. Just discovered
it as I looked at your changes

So you are implementing this with an external script? I thought
publishing the /opt/local/var/macports/distfiles directory over HTTP
would be enough. `port fetch` does also only fetch non-existing files.

Maybe install a non-root installation of MacPorts just for fetching?

> The other benefit I thought distfiles would add is portfile devs could
> get a list of files/urls that fetch would use. Thats probably not
> terribly useful, but its something that didnt exist before?

Something like `port fetch --pretend`? :-)

Rainer