[36971] trunk/dports/sysutils/freeradius/Portfile

Andrea D'Amore andrea.damore at macports.org
Fri May 23 03:52:18 PDT 2008

On 23/mag/08, at 09:21, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

>> revision         1
>
> When you increase a port's version, you should drop the revision
> down to 0, or you can remove the revision line altogether which will
> have the same effect.

Thanks I just missed that one. Actually I didn't even knew what it
meant and in another portfile I was updating I just deleted it.

>> +checksums	\
>> +			freeradius-server-2.0.4.tar.bz2 \

> You don't need to repeat the distfile name in the checksum section
> if it's of the default form (${distname}${extract.suffix}) and
> there's only one distfile. I'd suggest removing this redundant
> information from all your ports as well, where possible, to keep
> them simpler.

I'm using a bash script to generate checksums as I found myself typing
each commands often when updating, as I had to manage with more than
one distfile per port I found it easier to type the name too even when
there's is a single file.

By the way did you ever wanted a checksum auto-update option?
I think of updates that just involve updating a release number, you
edit it, port fetch, port checksumupdate and you're ready.

> You should generally remove lines no longer needed, not comment them
> out. If you need to refer to the line later, you can always look up
> the older version of the portfile in the Subversion repository.

I think on 1.1.7 freeradius didn't supported DESTDIR correctly so I
commented it to test why it was there in first place.

Thanks for suggestions, I'll fix those

Andrea