xinstall glob question

Jordan K. Hubbard jkh at apple.com
Wed Apr 29 15:07:24 PDT 2009

Pretty much, yes.  I would also argue that (A) is clearer and easier
to read, to say nothing of more efficient.  There are a number of
processes being spawned in (B) - one for the sh(1) to run the for
loop, another sh(1) to execute the find(1) in backticks, another for
the find(1) itself, then n cp(1) invocations inside the loop.  That's
a lot more fork/execs (which are expensive in MacOSX) than (A) (one).

- Jordan