Remove +with_default_names and use a specific path for unprefixed binaries

Kristofer Henriksson kthenriksson at gmail.com
Fri Aug 21 15:51:12 PDT 2009

I currently use the +with_default_names variant, and I do not think
removing it will be a good idea. It sounds like from those bugs above,
the main problem is just that those names cause issues with installing
new ports that expect the names to be the built-in commands. Is there
any way that those names could be ignored just for Macports builds?

Since the issues only come up with people who actually use the
variant, alternatively you could just put up a big warning saying that
there could be problems when people install it.

I really like having the +with_default_names variant and would rather
not have to make extra changes to my path to accomodate certain
particular ports.

Thanks,
Kris