Automatic homepage for sourceforge, googlecode, etc.

Scott Haneda talklists at newgeo.com
Sat Aug 22 12:29:48 PDT 2009

Simplify the base code, or simplify the port files?  The port files
list a url, which I find highly readable, and also nice, because I can
easily know what that url is, and ping, curl, or http request it.

It seems to me the base MacPors code would only become more complex
(trivially), as now you have to maintain a mapping of master_sites to
names/url's.  Yes, it is a trivial mapping.

I would think it could not hurt, and may be useful to some, and there
is always the option of simply hard coding the url in if you are so
inclined.  However, from a port maker perspective, I am somewhat
partial to using real url's, as they are easier for me to debug and
know at a glance, what is going on.

My .02