Batch replace for livecheck.type and svn.revision

David Evans devans at macports.org
Mon Aug 31 08:10:10 PDT 2009

Jeremy Lavergne wrote:
> Or we could just make 1.7.2 that includes changes for ONLY the
> portfile changes (livecheck.check, license)
>
> On Aug 31, 2009, at 10:55 AM, David Evans wrote:
>
>> +1 for the batch change but I suggest that a message be sent to
>> macport-users and something appropriate added on the  web site/wiki
>> to explain the resultant error on 1.7.1 and the need to upgrade to 1.8.0
>> to try and head off the inevitable rash of bug reports that
>> will arise.
I don't  think that helps as they still have to upgrade/install a new
MacPorts version to eliminate
the errors.

Is there a way to determine the MacPorts version within the portfile?

If so then you could do something like (pseudo code only)

if  {macports_version  < 1.8.0} {
   livecheck.check  regex
} else {
   livecheck.type regex