[46647] trunk/dports/games

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Tue Feb 10 16:55:47 PST 2009

On Feb 10, 2009, at 07:32, Jeremy Lavergne wrote:

> On Feb 9, 2009, at 7:39 PM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>
>> On Feb 9, 2009, at 09:58, snc at macports.org wrote:
>>
>>> +pre-fetch {
>>> +    if {[file isdirectory ${workpath}/gtkevemon]} {
>>> +        if {![file isdirectory ${workpath}/gtkevemon/.svn]} {
>>> +            file delete -force ${workpath}/gtkevemon
>>> +        }
>>> +    }
>>> +}
>>> +
>>> +fetch {
>>> +    system "cd ${workpath} && svn co -r${version} svn://
>>> gtkevemon.battleclinic.com/GTKEVEMon/trunk/gtkevemon"
>>> +}
>>
>> Why is this portfile not using the svn fetchtype?
>

> Does this address all the svn issues?
> http://trac.macports.org/attachment/ticket/18441/patch-gtkevemon.diff

I see you already committed this, but does applying this change cause
the files installed by the port to be different in some way? If not,
the revision should not have been increased. (Don't decrease it now,
but for future reference.)

Also, what is the purpose of the pre-fetch block which is still
there? It looks like this was copied from the ffmpeg port, which has
specific reasons for not using the svn fetchtype, related to pinning
the revision of an svn:externals definition ffmpeg's repository uses.

The line "extract {}" should be removed; you should not override the
standard extract phase. Using the svn fetchtype will cause the
extract phase to do nothing, at the moment, but that could change in
a future version of MacPorts, e.g. via #16373, and you don't want
your port to stop working then.

http://trac.macports.org/ticket/16373

In the destroot phase, the lines

     file mkdir ${destroot}
     file mkdir ${destroot}${prefix}/bin

are unnecessary; MacPorts creates those directories for you before
the destroot phase runs. And in the destroot phase we prefer to use
xinstall, so the line

     file copy ${worksrcpath}/src/gtkevemon ${destroot}${prefix}/bin/
gtkevemon

would become

     xinstall -W ${worksrcpath}/src -m 755 gtkevemon ${destroot}$
{prefix}/bin