MacPorts 1.7.1

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Wed Feb 18 10:20:15 PST 2009

On Feb 18, 2009, at 12:06, Marcus Calhoun-Lopez wrote:

> Rainer Müller <raimue at ...> writes:
>
>> Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>>
>>>      - Add mkdtemp Tcl command to create temporary directories.
>>> (#17181, perry)
>>
>> Is there anything using this? This is base internal code, so I don't
>> think it is reasonable to merge this without merging code which
>> uses it.
>
> I would like to try to use mkdtemp in the muniversal PortGroup.
> I can not seem to find a consistent way on all platforms to test if
> certain
> binaries can run on a given platform (e.g. G4 processors can't run
> ppc64 code).
>
> In the directory created by mkdtemp, I was thinking of compiling a
> trivial
> program and seeing if it ran.

I will use mkdtemp in the use_dmg code in base, and there is one port
where I create a temporary directory to mount a disk image.

http://trac.macports.org/browser/users/ryandesign/minivmac/Portfile

I figured adding mkdtemp to 1.7.1 wouldn't hurt anything since it's a
new function so it shouldn't hurt any existing code.