[44897] vtk Lint Report

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sun Jan 4 12:33:47 PST 2009

On Jan 4, 2009, at 10:36, Toby Peterson wrote:

> On Sun, Jan 4, 2009 at 8:29 AM, wrote:
>
>> Begin forwarded message:
>>
>>> Subject: [44897] vtk Lint Report
>>>
>>> Portfile: vtk
>>>

>>> Error: Portfile directory vtk does not match port name VTK
>>
>> So it looks like I should change the portname from VTK to vtk.
>> What kind of
>> havoc might that wreak? Will that completely break tracking for
>> anyone that
>> has the current port installed?
>
> Why not just rename the directory?

Changing the port name to match the directory name might cause
problems because MacPorts does not expect this and does not have any
means for you to tell it that a port has changed names, and port
names are case-sensitive.

Changing the directory name to match the port name is probably the
better option, but might not be entirely without its own problems as
well; see:

http://subversion.tigris.org/faq.html#case-change

Hopefully this would only affect the few users using a Subversion
working copy of the ports tree, and not the majority who are using an
rsync copy.