Any Macintosh available via SSH?

Orville Bennett illogical1 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 7 05:26:53 PST 2009

On Dec 31, 2008, at 1:26 PM, Jean-Michel Pouré wrote:

> Dear Friends,
>
> As there is still no Kdenlive+MLT port, would someone be so kind to
> provide SSH access to a MacOsX station, so I can prepare packages
> myself.
>
> Kdenlive is a really interesting software for video enthousiasts using
> MacOsX and I don't understand why it is not already in MacPorts.
>
> Kind regards,
> Jean-Michel

dot org' (or on freenode #kde-mac) and ask someone there for a) ssh
access b) to create a Portfile for mlt and kdenlive. Once a portfile
is created submit it here or using trac (or just e-mail it to me).

If mlt and kdenlive build cleanly they'll be added to macports in
short order.
Yes, I'm also with kde-mac, no I'm not volunteering to do this :-)
(Mlt and kdenlive seem to have a lot of dependencies that I have
neither time nor inclination to wrestle with. Sorry.)

Lastly, if no one on this list has an interest in the software you're
providing it won't be included unless it is a dependency of other
software which is of interest. e.g. soprano only recently got
included, because of kdelibs4.
I don't speak for anyone here, but it seems there isn't much interest
in doing the work necessary to get kdenlive included. Just looking at
the dependencies page made _me_ cringe, and I like KDE software.
Imagine what somewhat who has no interest would think. Again, you're
best bet: kde-mac mailing list.

Good luck.