DB_File perl module?

Eric Hall opendarwin.org at darkart.com
Thu Jan 8 14:18:14 PST 2009

On Thu, Jan 08, 2009 at 12:31:19PM -0800, markd at macports.org wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I have two problems.
>
> 1) I installed the new perl 5.8.9 and now a port I used to install (one of
> my own - sympa) says it won't install because DB_File is not found.  Was
> that included in perl 5.8.8?

	Yes, it was (.../lib/perl5/5.8.8./darwin-thread-multi-2level/DB_File.pm)
and its not part of 5.8.9 (so far as the macport install goes).  Hmm, not sure
why its not installing DB_File, I suspect its not finding the Berkeley DB stuff.
There is a variant for adding Berkeley DB support (builds db4.7), testing...
Bah, db47 fails to configure w/o tclConfig.sh (see #17922).  Fixing locally
and continuing on...  Well, it configured to use DB_File, I'll check on the
build later to make sure it works, but you could try adding +db (after db47
fix gets committed).

> 2) Then I tried to port DB_File and I get:
>
> blah, blah, blah ....
> Writing
> /opt/local/var/macports/build/_Users_<my-dir>_mports_perl_p5-db_file/work/destroot/opt/local/lib/perl5/5.8.9/darwin-2level/auto/DB_File/.packlist
> DEBUG: Executing proc-post-org.macports.destroot-destroot-0
> Error: Target org.macports.destroot returned: no such file or directory
>
> The thing is that .packlist exists in the destroot directory, so I don't
> know what file or directory it is claiming does not exist.  The MP 1.7
> release and HEAD behave the same.  Any ideas?

	Any reason you can't use NDBM_File instead?  (that's the DB/DBM module I have
installed via macports for perl5.8 5.8.9)