A PortGroup for building more 32/64-bit universal packages

robert delius royar apple at frinabulax.org
Thu Jan 22 15:21:13 PST 2009

Thu, 22 Jan 2009 (22:25 -0000 UTC) Marcus Calhoun-Lopez wrote:

> robert delius royar <apple at ...> writes:
>
>>  If any -arch is used and the system is
>> MAC_OS, it sets ac_cv_c_bigendian=universal.
> In the merge_universal PortGroup, -m32 and -m64 are used instead
> -arch ... if possible.
> Would these same problems arise with -m...?

I just tried the -m64 flag with the XEmacs configure file that was
configured with autoconf 2.63, the build completed, including the dump
and configure saw BIGENDIAN as yes.  I will try the -m32 flag and lipo
when I have some time to figure out how to do this for XEmacs, but it
looks like this one problem could be avoided with -m32 and -m64 rather
than using -arch.

--
Dr. Robert Delius Royar                   Associate Professor of English
Morehead State University                             Morehead, Kentucky