PortGroup tickets in Trac

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Tue Jan 27 03:40:52 PST 2009

Now that PortGroups aren't tied to MacPorts base releases and are
stored in the dports tree, how should we categorize PortGroup tickets
in Trac?

Should we duplicate the milestones and components that relate to
ports, adding milestones "PortGroup Bugs", "PortGroup Enhancements",
"PortGroup Requests" and "PortGroup Submissions", and a component
"PortGroups"?

Or should we still file them under component "base"? That's what I
did recently, and set the milestone to "MacPorts Future", though
since PortGroups are now decoupled from base they should be fixed
much quicker than "MacPorts Future" would suggest.