error: /opt/local/include/X11/extensions/render.h is being used by the active render port.

David Evans devans at macports.org
Wed Jan 28 09:37:02 PST 2009

Jean-Michel Pouré wrote:
> sudo port -v install ffmpeg-devel
> --->  Activating xorg-renderproto @0.9.3_0
> Error: Target org.macports.activate returned: Image
> error: /opt/local/include/X11/extensions/render.h is being used by the
> active render port.  Please deactivate this port first, or use the -f
> flag to force the activation.
> Warning: the following items did not execute (for xorg-renderproto):
> org.macports.activate
> Error: The following dependencies failed to build: libsdl xorg-libXrandr
> xorg-renderproto
>
> df -lh
> Filesystem     Size   Used  Avail Capacity  Mounted on
> /dev/disk0s2   233G   193G    39G    83%    /
> /dev/disk1s1   501M   501M   640K   100%    /Volumes/NO NAME
> /dev/disk2s2    60M    55M   4.8M    92%    /Volumes/iSkysoft Video
> Converter
>
> Pardon my ignorance, but what should I do to build ffmpeg-devel? I am
> completely new to MacPorts and thank you in advance.
>
> Kind regards,
> Jean-Michel

Do as it says and deactivate port render

sudo port deactivate render

then try again.

You should also make sure that you have updated any outdated xorg-*
ports as there have been a lot of changes in dependencies here
recently.

If you have port ffmpeg installed and activate you will want to
deactivate that too as ffmpeg and ffmpeg-devel will want to install the
same files so only one can be active at the same time.

To see what ffmpeg you have installed

sudo port installed ffmpeg