[MacPorts] #18286: mlt framework port

Jean-Michel Pouré jm at poure.com
Fri Jan 30 10:21:57 PST 2009

On Fri, 2009-01-30 at 15:21 +0000, MacPorts wrote:
>  This port is not compiling, probably because it needs a sox upgrade.
> But I
>  am creating the ticket and will update the port attached file from
> time to
>  time.

Please note that MLT requires a very recent FFmpeg, as FFmpeg was
massively fixed a few weeks ago, mainly with timestamp issues in H264
and Mpeg2. So there may be a need to compile MLT against FFmpeg-devel.

In fact, the FFmpeg version in MacPorts is deprecated. It is too old and
too buggy and I don't see any interest in keeping it. Maybe it could be
replaced with a more recent snapshot of FFmpeg SVN. This is why I left
ffmpeg as a dependency.

Kind regards,
Jean-Michel