Various questions

Jean-Michel Pouré jm at poure.com
Fri Jan 30 12:25:19 PST 2009

On Fri, 2009-01-30 at 12:10 -0800, David Evans wrote:
> Is r15943 good enough for your purposes or does it need to be
> incremented to a later revision?

Thank you very much for the explanations. For using MLT and Kdenlive in
good conditions, we really need a cutting edge ffmpeg-devel version.
Debian multimedia provides SVN 20090128, which is r16844.

 ffmpeg -i
FFmpeg version SVN-r16844, Copyright (c) 2000-2009 Fabrice Bellard, et
al.

This is mainly a timestamp issue. Video editing is more precise and
audio is well synced with a very recent snapshot.

If you want, when I have SVN access, I can bump Debian multimedia SVN
versions to stick to them. FFmpeg is usualy upgraded twice a month,
depending on fixed in FFmpeg.

I will be able to help the best I can, knowing that I use a remote
MacOsX computer and that this computer will not be here forever. But
there will be probably other people in the kdenlive community willing to
help and maintain Kdenlive/MLT/FFmpeg.

Kind regards,
Jean-Michel