Various questions

Bryan Blackburn blb at macports.org
Fri Jan 30 12:59:07 PST 2009

On Fri, Jan 30, 2009 at 09:21:41PM +0100, Jean-Michel Pouré said:
> On Fri, 2009-01-30 at 12:10 -0800, David Evans wrote:
> > I'm not sure this is the case (see attached dependency tree for
> > gtk2).
> > Can you describe
> > what exactly happened that convinced you of this?
>
> I ran sudo port install gtk2 and it installed FFmpeg. I was surprised.

As am I; I definitely don't see ffmpeg anywhere in the dependency chain for
gtk2 (either with port-rdeps [1] or running a 'port -dy install gtk2' to see
what it would do [2]).

Can you run a 'port dependents ffmpeg' to see which port brought it in?

Bryan

[1] - <http://trac.macports.org/browser/contrib/port-rdeps>
[2] - note that -y (dry-run) is only available on trunk