On the heels of the memtester port

Scott Haneda talklists at newgeo.com
Wed Jul 15 11:58:03 PDT 2009

On Jul 15, 2009, at 11:48 AM, Jeremy Lavergne wrote:

> On Jul 15, 2009, at 2:46 PM, Jeremy Lavergne wrote:
>
>> If you're going to install these outside of MacPorts, I'd suggest /
>> usr/local/bin
>
> ... for the binaries.  basically, you'd mimic macports in that $
> {prefix} would be `/usr/local`

Cool, thanks.  I just did
sudo port -d dmg memtester
and it worked fine.

Is there a way on the command above to alter prefix for the one time
build to /usr/local/bin and is there a way to also alter it to be able
to put the man page in the correct place?

Or do I just create a separate local port for these specific needs?