fail2ban

Bradley Giesbrecht brad at pixilla.com
Sat Jun 6 10:09:33 PDT 2009

On Jun 6, 2009, at 10:01 AM, Rainer Müller wrote:

> On 2009-06-06 18:53, Bradley Giesbrecht wrote:
>> This doesn't seem to create a dependency on python, at least I don't
>> see python in "port installed".
>
> You should have python26.
>
>> I'm guessing since I didn't add a dependency on python26 ports used
>> Apples python to build and that might be the cause of filesystem
>> violations.
>
> No, the PortGroup uses absolute paths for invoking setup.py.
>
>> Looks like fail2ban needs nothing other then python.
>>
>> Do I need to a depends_lib port:python26?
>
> No, the PortGroup does that.
>
>> Looks like PortGroup is taking care of the build commands for me so I
>> like that but I didn't see where I can use just "PortGroup python
>> 1.0"
>> rather then "PortGroup     python26 1.0".
>> I would rather use whatever python the user already has installed. Is
>> there an EASY way to do that with python?
>
> No, currently you really have to tie your port to one specific
> pythonXY
> port.

Thank you.

which python
/usr/bin/python

port contents python26
   /opt/local/bin/idle2.6
   /opt/local/bin/pydoc2.6
   /opt/local/bin/python2.6
   /opt/local/bin/python2.6-config
   /opt/local/bin/pythonw2.6
   /opt/local/bin/smtpd2.6.py
   /opt/local/etc/select/python/python26
   /opt/local/lib/libpython2.6.dylib

What is the macports way to get python26 into my paths?

Does PortGroup take care us using the correct python and setting
common vars for building python apps like the prefix dir?

//Brad