[52497] trunk/dports/gnome/liboobs/Portfile

David Evans devans at macports.org
Wed Jun 17 13:25:57 PDT 2009

Blair Zajac wrote:

> I'm with Dave on this one.
>
> We recently ran into this with serf and its dependence upon apr and
> apr-util, which pulls in SQLite, PostgreSQL and BerkeleyDB
> dependencies depending upon the variants it was built with.  Having to
> have serf have the same variants as apr and apr-util just to get those
> port dependencies isn't something I wanted to manage, so I just kept
> the dependencies on apr and apr-util.
>
> Blair

Just to put some numbers to the situation, I just finished generating
the dependency tree for gnome-desktop-suite using port-rdeps (a very
useful tool).

The total number of entries in the tree is 2520790 but there are only
321 unique ports involved.  Port glib2 alone appears 14023 times.

So there's a lot of overkill going on here.

Dave