libgda3 (was Re: [52549] trunk/dports/databases)

Jyrki Wahlstedt jwa at macports.org
Sun Jun 21 03:37:20 PDT 2009

On 19.6.2009, at 1.28, David Evans wrote:

> nox wrote:
>> libgda should be updated instead, I have a local diff which I need
>> to file on Trac.
>>
>> Le 18 juin 09 à 21:39, devans at macports.org a écrit :

<snip>

> I agree that it would be good to update libgda itself to version 4
> but this should be done with caution.  It is not clear that all the
> current dependents of
> libgda are compatible with libgda-4.0 and this should be addressed
> before any further changes are made.
> As it is libgda and libgda3/4 do not interfere with each other so
> the libgda dependents should not be effected by the recent changes.
>
> I suggest that libgda3 be deleted after the midgard2-core port has
> been updated to libgda4, then address the potential merging of
> libgda and libgda4 as a separate project in a way that existing
> ports are not broken unnecessarily.
>
> Dave

Ok,
I checked the situation from (reliable) sources. For the time being
midgard2-core needs libgda3 (the information is that gda4 still
doesn't support e.g. table creation, also database provider set is not
quite stable). So let's not drop it yet:-) I expect that midgard2-core
will move to gda4 in future, but it is not there now.

!
! Jyrki Wahlstedt
!	http://www.wahlstedt.fi/jyrki/
!
! Our life is no dream; but it ought to become one and perhaps will.
! PGP key ID: 0x139CC386 fingerprint: F355 B46F 026C B8C1 89C0  A780
6366 EFD9 139C C386