Portmill status

Jordan K. Hubbard jkh at apple.com
Mon Jun 29 10:29:50 PDT 2009

On Jun 29, 2009, at 8:34 AM, William Siegrist wrote:

> But "best tool" here needs to take into consideration the other
> MacPorts web apps. Right now, MPWA and the website use MySQL. It
> would help share data in the long run if all systems pulled from the
> same database. I don't think its worth the effort to integrate the
> Postgres DB that backs Trac, but we can at least try to make MPWA,
> Portmill, and the website share some common data. That of course
> means the other apps could be ported to CouchDB if thats a better
> tool overall.

I think this ultimately needs to be left to the discretion of
whomever's doing the work.  I mean, it's all well and good to say
"this should really use MYSQL instead!" but unless the person saying
this is also turning up to the discussion with a pile of patches which
Make It So, it can only come across as carping from the back seat.

- Jordan