KDE and qt4-mac

Marcus Calhoun-Lopez mcalhoun at macports.org
Mon Mar 16 15:46:22 PDT 2009

I would like to upgrade qt4-mac to version 4.5.0
(making it the same as qt4-mac-devel).
It was indicated in another thread that this might not be entirely
compatible with KDE
(http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.os.apple.macports.devel/7504).
I did not want to break all of KDE without some warning.

If KDE and Qt 4.5 do not work well together, perhaps we can create a
qt4-kde port which stays at version 4.4.

Because qt4-mac and qt4-x11 are careful not to conflict, it should be
straightforward to create yet another Qt distribution.

Version 4.5 allows 64-bit universal builds,
which to me is a compelling reason to upgrade.

-Marcus