Panther tickets

Daniel J. Luke dluke at geeklair.net
Thu May 21 12:12:57 PDT 2009

On May 21, 2009, at 2:47 PM, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:
> That's truly an unfounded assertion.  MacPorts has put considerable
> time and effort into supporting Tiger, Leopard and even SnowLeopard
> well in advance of its release.  If you check your calendar, you'll
> also notice that Tiger was released on April 29th, 2005 - just over
> 4 years ago - and by the time support for Tiger is eventually
> dropped, which no one (you'll notice) is even *talking* about,
> MacPorts will have faithfully supported those users for 6 years or
> more.  "Bleeding edge?", puh-leeeze!

It's probably also worth noting that eventually even Apple stops
releasing updates for old OS versions, and in general people should
probably not be running machines that are no longer receiving vender
security updates.

... of course, anyone who wants to preserve support for old releases
can always:

1- Generate patches
2- fork the project

--