How are new volunteers "processed" these days?

Jordan K. Hubbard jkh at apple.com
Sat May 23 02:11:43 PDT 2009

Hi guys (core?),

After seeing 2 people volunteer their services as MacPorts committers
recently, it occurred to me to wonder just how these sorts of ad-hoc,
informal "how can I help?" messages are being acted on.  If someone
from project management has already quietly followed up to those folks
off-list, with encouraging words and the usual array of necessary
questions, then I apologize in advance for even implying that the team
is anything but totally on top of this important function!

Thanks,

- Jordan