Building imaptest and a port

Scott Haneda talklists at newgeo.com
Fri May 29 11:34:57 PDT 2009

Hello, I want to make a portfile for IMAP test.
http://www.imapwiki.org/ImapTest/Installation

I built it by hand, but ran into some problems, hopefully I can get
some pointers here.

In my .bashrc I have
export CLICOLOR=1

When I try to build this I get
$./configure
checking whether build environment is sane... configure: error: ls -t
appears to fail.  Make sure there is not a broken
alias in your environment
configure: error: newly created file is older than distributed files!
Check your system clock

If I remove the CLICOLOR variable, it will build fine.  Since I have
had MacPorts build so many things, and never had this issue, I was
hoping someone here can explain to me how to make sure MacPorts does
not get hung on this issue.

The man page for `ls`, as far as I can see, is not explaining how the
CLICOLOR could affect the output of `ls`. ( Aside from coloring it of
course )

Second, as per the install notes, imaptest also needs library
functions for dovecot, but does not need make install, libs just need
to be there.  There is already a Dovecot port, but that will install
the entire package.  In this case, do I make a new Dovecot port that
skips the make install part, or do I wrap this all into one?

Third, when a distro points to name-latest.tar.gz, am I to pick a
version or just always stick with the latest, which is a moving
target? I can not even guarantee that in that download path the older
versions stick around much, it looks like they roll them out every now
and then.

Thank you.