port cat

Bradley Giesbrecht brad at pixilla.com
Sat May 30 16:23:18 PDT 2009

On May 30, 2009, at 4:00 PM, Rainer Müller wrote:

> On 2009-05-30 22:00, Bradley Giesbrecht wrote:
>> What do you think about having "port -v cat assp" print the file port
>> is running cat on and then dump the contents?
>
> Would be easy to implement, but what is your use case for the
> additional
> filename?
>
> Note you can run multiple commands at once against one port by using
> the
> interactive syntax:
>
> $ port cd <portname> \; file \; cat
>
> But I would not expect that many people know this or that is in common
> use...

This is good. I doubt I will remember it.

The reason I suggested the -v change is to assist in building Portfiles.

Sometimes dependencies don't do what you need and I was looking for an
easy way to see if I was already using a local Portfile for dependences.

Maybe a list of Portfiles that will be called is available?

//Brad