configure oddity when run via MacPorts

Bryan Blackburn blb at macports.org
Sun May 31 13:36:17 PDT 2009

On Sun, May 31, 2009 at 01:07:48PM -0700, Jeremy Huddleston said:
> I'm trying to update cdparanoia.  I can build it manually, but it fails
> configure via port (I updated base yesterday):

> --->  Configuring cdparanoia
> checking build system type... powerpc-apple-darwin9.7.0
> checking host system type... powerpc-apple-darwin9.7.0
> checking for ranlib... ranlib
[...]
> Does anyone have a clue why this is happening?

It looks like configure.in does

   if test -z "$CC"; then
      AC_PROG_CC
   fi

which means that, since MacPorts sets CC to what should be the right one for
the platform, configure skips all the various stuff from AC_PROG_CC...

Removing that if and always doing AC_PROG_CC at least gets it to configure.

Bryan