[MacPorts] #21017: clisp 2.47 build failure 64-bit

Mark Evenson evenson at panix.com
Mon Nov 2 04:38:18 PST 2009

On 11/2/09 3:11 AM, Sheldon W Thomas wrote:
[…]
> Can anybody explain how to use the portfile listed on this bug to
> install a working copy of clisp on 64bit Snow Leopard?
> I'm so lost in documentation
[…]

1) create a directory somewhere called 'clisp'

2) copy the Portfile to the directory

3) from the 'clisp' directory issue the following command

     osx$ sudo port -D . -v install

The '-D .' tells port to use the Portfile in the current directory; the
'sudo' is the elevation of privileges necessary in the default
installation of MacPorts.

Unfortunately, when I tried the Portfile this morning, the configure
phases failed when it tried to link with the 64bit version of
libsigsegv.  Maybe building with the '+nolibsigsegv' variant would work,
but I ran out of time to try this.

If you are merely looking for a Common Lisp from MacPorts on Snow
Leopard, both 'ecl' and 'abcl' are currently working.

is nothing to compare to it now."