confusion in base regarding [option os.arch] and ${os.arch}

Joshua Root jmr at macports.org
Thu Oct 8 00:10:01 PDT 2009

On 2009-10-8 17:55, Anders F Björklund wrote:
> Jeremy Lavergne wrote:
>
>> Does anyone care to check my changes?  This patch enables the use of
>> build_arch for the portarchive mode naming schemes.  This includes the
>> directory and the portion of the archive name involving the arch.
>>
>> It works for me, but I only have an x86_64 to test on.
>
> Regarding http://trac.macports.org/changeset/58977,
>
> While you are changing things, you might want to replace
> [option os.platform] with something that includes version,
> so that it'd look in e.g. "darwin/10" instead of in "darwin" ?
>
> http://lists.macosforge.org/pipermail/macports-dev/2007-July/002033.html
>
> This would not be so important for the local archives, but
> more for when retrieving remote archives - just that so far
> they have both been using the same directory structure...
>
> http://trac.macports.org/ticket/8571

These are definitely changes that need to be made, but be aware that
they need to fit in with the switch to registry2.0 (and subsequently
actually recording all the relevant info in the registry) as well as the
images-and-archives branch stuff (which I believe just needs code to
migrate existing installations before it's ready to merge back to trunk).

- Josh