${prefix}/var/macports/software

Jeremy Lavergne jeremy at lavergne.gotdns.org
Sat Oct 17 10:47:14 PDT 2009

Question for anyone who happens to know the innards of MacPorts with
regards to its software directory:  is it suppose to be emptied out
when you have uninstalled all ports?

This is on a build box for me, and I have archivemode enabled and use
`-f uninstall` exclusively for software removal.

The software directory is a fat 2.6GB when nothing is installed.  Note
archives are not contained in the software folder (they're in ../
packages).

Does some combination of my settings leave these files in there?  Does
using -f do this? Does archivemode cause them to be forgotten? Does
the combination break the expected behavior?