[56941] trunk/dports/archivers/unnks/Portfile

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Thu Sep 3 11:32:42 PDT 2009

On Sep 3, 2009, at 13:11, Jeremy Lavergne wrote:

>>> Would it be better yet to use lib:glib-2.0:glib2 ?
>>
>> No, because that would allow a glib2 installed outside of MacPorts
>> to satisfy the dependency, and we don't want that.
>
> Why do we allow bin:...:latex?

Because we want to allow MacTeX installed outside of MacPorts to
satisfy the dependency. This is an exception to the usual rule,
because TeX is hard to build and the MacPorts TeX ports tend to lag
far behind TeX releases. And I'm told by those who use TeX that MacTeX
is pretty good.

http://trac.macports.org/ticket/20939