pymol-1.2r1-1 packaging

Jack Howarth howarth at bromo.med.uc.edu
Tue Sep 15 06:10:55 PDT 2009

  In case any of the other MacPorts developers are
interested, I have uploaded proposed packaging for
pymol-1.2r1-1 on ticket #21376. Unlike the previously
proposed package on ticket #17419 which tried to use
the broken configure in pymol (that creates dylibs
instead of .so python modules), this packaging leverages
the setup/Rules.osx-fink file and uses the .delsci
makefiles throughout the pymol sources to build
proper .so modules.
  The current packaging is fully functional although
I see need to double check that the build never accesses
the system X11R6 directories. I also have some additional
pymol plugins that are present in my old fink pymol-py
packaging that haven't been added. The pynmr plugin
in particular will require the addition of a meschach
matrix math package to MacPorts to build. I'll work on
that later this week.
            Jack
ps Pondering on the issue of not building against the system
X11, I think it would be a really good idea if port scanned
the build output for the text "/usr/X11R6" and if it is
seen throws a warning in all cases (even if -d isn't used).
This would probably be sufficient to alert all packagers
if their Portfile and patches were pulling in the system
X11 instead of the MacPorts X11.