[MacPorts] Migration modified

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Tue Apr 20 14:46:23 PDT 2010

On Apr 20, 2010, at 16:24, MacPorts wrote:

> +This is another possibility, which will list all the ports on one {{{sudo port install}}} command, rather than a separate command for each port.  In a perfect world (ha! ha! ha!), this port command might resolve the dependency tree and arrange the correct installation order, but don't hold your breath for that ;-)

This might be getting a little chatty and conversational for what is supposed to be a short help document for users who have just encountered an unfortunate situation (the necessity of reinstalling all their ports).

Also, how does this new method you've added compare to Joshua's restore_ports.tcl script already mentioned there?

The more information that's put on that page, the more the user has to read to figure out what to do to resolve their problem. I worry we now have too much information on that page.