[Pp]honon & QCA issue in KDE ports

Michael Dickens michaelld at macports.org
Fri Aug 13 06:50:29 PDT 2010

On a related note, I hadn't realized that 'phonon' is actually a
3rd-party install for Qt.  The port 'phonon' is the primary install.
So, I'm going to look into -that- port as the "authority", and also into
disabling phonon in Qt -- as well as any other 3rd-party addition to Qt
that's already supported as a primary by MacPorts (and, there are a
bunch).  What fun!

Responding out of order:

Yes, either 'P'honon or 'p'honon is correct, not both.  Qt installs as
the latter, but I'm lead to believe that the actual release installs as
the former.  I'll base my final judgement on what the release does.

In the mean time, I'll change the 'post-extract' "Phonon" patch to use
fs-traverse, and install it into the KDE group.

I'll also add the PKG_CONFIG line to the KDE portgroup; it might be
changed later once all of the Qt4 ports are updated and working, but
that's months away most likely. - MLD