issue: "__gnu_cxx::__exchange_and_add" (was Re: issue: "dyld: Symbol not found: _CGLGetCurrentContext")

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Thu Aug 19 09:42:57 PDT 2010

On Aug 19, 2010, at 08:57, Michael Dickens wrote:

> An internet search of "__gnu_cxx::__exchange_and_add" turns up a bunch
> of interesting list posts, but no solutions.  Stack frame #4 holds the
> last section of code I can see (w/o significant effort)
>
> octave-3.3.53/src/pager.cc:49-59 :
> {{{
> // Our actual connection to the external pager.
> static oprocstream *external_pager = 0;
>
> // TRUE means we write to the diary file.
> static bool write_to_diary_file = false;
>
> // The name of the current diary file.
> static std::string diary_file;
>
> // The diary file.
> static std::ofstream external_diary_file;
> }}}
>
> So, the issue is most likely the "std::ofstream" below since #3 is in
> I/O stream.  Any ideas what to do to get around the issue?  Explicitly
> set the "external_diary_file" to some default value & hope for the best?

This is a bit more in-depth than I usually get with ports. After all we're not really here to make software compile on Mac OS X; we're here to take software that compiles on Mac OS X and package it nicely. If the development version of octave doesn't compile on Mac OS X without a few easy pokes and prods, it may be time to report that to the developers and let them fix it.