build mulitple downloads in one Portfile

Bradley Giesbrecht brad at pixilla.com
Fri Feb 26 16:30:19 PST 2010

On Feb 26, 2010, at 4:17 PM, Arno Hautala wrote:

> On Fri, Feb 26, 2010 at 18:40, Bradley Giesbrecht <brad at pixilla.com>
> wrote:
>> I am working through the process of building and installing three
>> different
>> source downloads in one Portfile.
>
> Is there a reason that this can't, or shouldn't, be accomplished with
> 3 separate portfiles and possibly a fourth that depends on all three?

Sources:

1. dovecot
2. dovecot-sieve
3. dovecot-managesieve

Dovecot builds file by it's self.
Dovecot-sieve requires compiled dovecot source tree or (new) dovecot
configured with the "--enable-header-install" option.
Dovecot-managesieve requires patching dovecot, compiled dovecot
sources, compiled dovecot-sieve sources and there is
currently can not use the headers from the dovecot "--enable-header-
install" configure option.

If the dovecot port were to apply the dovecot-sieve patch then I could
build the other two by just downloading the sources and compiling them
and then do "--with-dovecot-../dovecot-{$dovecot_version}" and "--with-
dovecot-sieve-../dovecot-sieve-{$sieve_version}" which I've already
done.

But all this extra work makes me want to just add sieve and manage-
sieve to dovecot as variants or fork dovecot to dovecot-sieve and
conflict it with
the dovecot port.

Dovecot version 2 is in beta and I believe this gets easier but I need
a solution now and I know others that also will probably want what
sieve has
to offer.

For instance, control in a roundcube plugin of server side sieve
scripts.

// Brad