[MacPorts-Dev] About email subjects

Jim Meyer jim at geekdaily.org
Wed Jan 6 16:04:37 PST 2010

On 1/6/10 3:48 PM, nox wrote:
> Now you've done it. You must tell us what that asterisk mean :D

My 68-year-old mother-in-law, Molly, loves to communicate and share;
accordingly, she loves the internet and technology, though it frequently
baffles her. For example, she's managed to lock up our Logitech remote
more than once and couldn't explain how she got there.

The Mother-in-Law Test is simple: if Molly can figure out or easily
learn to use it, it passes. Bonus points if she can explain how
something broke for her.

Windows was massive FAIL. We bought her a Mac laptop to travel with and
cut our phone support time by an order of magnitude. Total WIN.

I use this as a design rule all the time. =]

--j