internal-to-Portfile variable during upgrade?

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Thu Jul 8 07:07:04 PDT 2010

On 07/08/2010 03:58 PM, Michael Dickens wrote:
> which as you can see is very similar to what you wrote.  With the code
> as is, doing just "sudo port install ..." fails because ${qt_dir} isn't
> properly set; ditto for "upgrade".  If I uncomment out the 2 obvious
> lines (really, just the "set" line), then "install" works but "upgrade"
> does not.  Any ideas for other things to try?  Thanks! - MLD

Ahhhh, sorry, I forgot one important thing... variants are evaluated
*after* the rest of the Portfile (in order to resolve conflicts and
requires first). So this configure.cmd is evaluated before the variants
and therefore qt_dir is not set to what you expected.

If configure.cmd is all you want to change it would be way easier to
just use this inside the variant directly.

variant qt4 conflicts qt3 description {Use qt4-mac} {
    depends_lib-append port:qt4-mac
    configure.cmd ${prefix}/libexec/qt4-mac/bin/qmake
}

Rainer