Installer should allow installation of macport in custom locations - for users without admin access

Joshua Root jmr at macports.org
Fri Jul 30 02:53:18 PDT 2010

On 2010-7-30 19:40 , Anders F Björklund wrote:
> It would be better/easier to have everything under ${prefix}, instead of
> installed into 4 possibly different locations (prefix, tclpackage,
> applications, frameworks).

There's only a symlink in the Tcl package dir now (which needs to be
there so 'package require macports' works). Frameworks dir has defaulted
to inside $prefix for a while now, so I don't think that's a big issue.
Maybe /Applications/MacPorts could be a symlink too, I've never tested
whether Launch Services handles that right.

- Josh