darwinports.com legal action

Joshua Root jmr at macports.org
Sun Mar 7 15:36:20 PST 2010

On 2010-3-8 05:26 , Jeremy Huddleston wrote:
> I am sick and tired of darwinports.com, and I am hereby notifying the MacPorts community of my intent to seek legal action against Mat Caughron.
>
> I intend all these letters to be in my voice as an independent consumer in the state of California.  I am not seeking to bring MacPorts into this as a whole unless requested to do so.  BTW, what is the legal entity that represents MacPorts?  Is there a MacPorts Foundation?  If so, who is on the board?  If not, who is MacPorts?

Thanks for taking this on. The MacPorts Project is, legally, just a
collection of individuals. MacPorts is not a registered trademark.
(Neither is/was DarwinPorts.) We're not really happy about that being
the state of affairs, but when we looked into creating a legally
recognised organisation, we concluded that it would be too expensive.

- Josh