[64778] trunk/dports/devel

Jordan K. Hubbard jkh at apple.com
Fri Mar 19 17:49:31 PDT 2010

On Mar 19, 2010, at 3:07 AM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> Instead of these lines, you should just clear the distfiles variable, like this:
>
> distfiles

I don't know about you guys, but I find what is essentially a key/value pair without a value to be somewhat harder to read.  "What's that line do??" would be my first reaction, even if I knew that no arguments was essentially equivalent to the NULL set being passed.   Elsewhere, of course, the convention is to say "use_foo no", which certainly parses reasonably well even if the rules for when a use_foo is permissible/available are somewhat unclear.  Perhaps this is a good opportunity to fix that?  "use_distfiles no" would certainly be more readable, or we could introduce a new "ignore" procedure perhaps..  ("ignore distfiles").

- Jordan