Destroot (or postbuild) Lipo

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Tue Mar 23 07:42:11 PDT 2010

On Mar 23, 2010, at 09:24, Jeremy Lavergne wrote:

> Would it be crazy for MacPorts to add in a layer to check that the created bins/libs have (at least) the requested build_arch?

I have been thinking this too. It would have to take into account build_arch and universal_archs, modulated by the port's supported_archs (coming in 1.9). This will have to be implemented either as a warning only (I recommend this, for the initial implementation anyway), or if it's an hard error, then there must be a way for a port to override it (like we can override destroot mtree violation warnings). I maintain at least one port that installs a bundled precompiled third-party library in addition to other parts which get compiled for the current build_arch or universal_archs.