Trunk and system's subversion

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Tue May 11 12:46:31 PDT 2010

On May 11, 2010, at 09:42, Andrea D'Amore wrote:

> On Tue, May 11, 2010 at 10:20 AM, Joshua Root wrote:
>
>> (binpath). But you'll be substantially less doomed if you
>> avoid using it.
>
> Can you explain further?
> binpath is in macports.conf, is there a way to set it from CLI?

Joshua is recommending that you do not change binpath, and I concur.

I recommend you "sudo port install subversion". Then you will have an up-to-date subversion client in the MacPorts prefix and it will use that when you next run selfupdate.

I further recommend you remove the Subversion you installed in /usr/local, and anything else you installed there. Such things can interfere with MacPorts.